New Mexico Weight Distance Permit


Whenever you travel through the state of New Mexico, you are required to provide information about your route and pay a fee at a Port of Entry for each mile traveled in this state with a vehicle of 26,000+ lbs gross weight. In order to save your time and money, you can apply for a New Mexico permit. You will not have to pay anything at the Port of Entries while entering the state. Instead, you will have to file a quarterly return (at the same time you file your IFTA) and provide your miles traveled through the state. The overall fees you pay while filing your return are much lower per mile and in practice, it saves you a lot of hassle. You will have to apply for the permit for each calendar year and for each vehicle that you plan to operate through the state separately.