Starting a new business

1. Getting incorporated


For various reasons, you may decide not to operate your new business as a sole proprietor but to get incorporated. This might be a wise decision for many reasons, for example, for tax purposes. As a corporate officer, you will have to file quarterly returns and corporate taxes each year that are separate from your personal tax returns. 


Please refer to our additional manual in order to get more insight in terms of what you will have to remember about while running a corporation. We can help you from the very beginning with filing required forms and articles of incorporation with your home state. We also specialize in taxes and bookkeeping. Please contact us for a free advice and to find out more about our fees.



2. Operating authority


Applying for the US DOT and MC #'s is just a beginning. We will guide you throuout the entire process and explain insurance requirements as well as other state, federal, and Canadian regulations that you have to comply with.

3. IFTA license


As an operator of a heavy commercial truck in interstate commerce, you are required to apply for the IFTA fuel license. Biz Inc. will file your distance and fuel usage reports to your state on a quarterly basis.

4. Federal highway tax 


Federal law requires you to pay and file the Heavy Vehicle Highway Use Tax return if you operate a vehicle with a gross weight of 55,000 lbs or more. We can get you an electronic e-file confirmation within minutes.

5. Individual state permits


To travel through particular states such us Kentucky, New York or New Mexico, you may need to apply for additional permits prior to your trip.


Contact us to learn more.